Everyone says they’ll never be the kind of person to call their partner a cutesy and flirty nickname or baby talk to them, until that one day when they’re thinking about how much fun they have together, feeling more in love than ever, and all of a sudden a pet name comes out of their mouth. Do not freak out if this sounds like you. Lean into the cringe and allow yourself to be a big ol’ softy. It’s meant to be fun to be in love (or like, or lust!). Additionally, I don’t know about you, but it might occasionally feel strange to call someone you care about by their real given name.
Ultimately, your boyfriend is much more dependent on you than on his friends, coworkers, or anybody else who just calls him “John.” You can stay connected by maintaining a small internal joke going on between you and your boyfriend by giving him a cute and flirty nickname. The next time you’re having an argument that seems to be going nowhere, it might even lighten the mood. Consider this: See how long you two can maintain your composure by calling someone Snoopy during a fight.
Although it’s your relationship, you set the rules. This may be a list of flirty nicknames for boyfriends. Don’t feel like you can’t take a few cues from this list if you’re not in a relationship with a cis man because any of these may be used as gender-neutral phrases. These are suitable for couples of either gender! Without further ado, here are (count ’em!) 100 of the greatest flirty nicknames to call your partner, boyfriend, fiancé, or anybody in between.
So, are you looking for a flirty nickname for your boyfriend? Are you tired of generic nicknames like ‘hon,’ ‘babe,’ and ‘love’? Then try one of these funny nicknames on for size and see if it fits!
This article contains a list of cute but flirty nicknames for boyfriends. Hopefully, you will find the perfect nickname for him.
Cute Funny Nicknames for Your Boyfriend
The following are cute and funny nicknames for boyfriends:
- Cuddle Muffin – Whether he’s into PDA’s or he just has a few extra curves.
- Teddy – If he’s cute and cuddly or the perfect companion.
- Gizmo – Is he small and cute like the Mogwai or is he obsessed with the newest gadgets and gizmos on the market?
- Bambi – Do those big brown eyes get you every time? Does he tug on your heartstrings every chance he gets?
- Monkey – Is he a little hairy or is he just always looking for trouble?
- Chief – Does he lead you as a couple or is he as brave as a chief?
- Chiquito – Is he small, dark and handsome instead of tall, dark and handsome?
- Sexy Pants – Does he get your motor running? Is he the sexiest man alive in your world?
- Cosmo – Does he have a fascination with the universe or is he a Russian astronaut?
- Papito – Is he a little overprotective but also smoking hot?
- Bon Bon – Is he extra sweet? Does he satisfy all of your forbidden cravings?
- Babyface – Does he have a smooth complexion that never seems to age?
- Kawaii – Is he extra cute? Or perhaps he’s Japanese and extra cute?
- Panda – Is he cute, fluffy, and a little clumsy?
- Roo – Is he small and adorable like the baby kangaroo from Winnie the Pooh?
- Lambchop – Is your guy as cute as they get? Cuter than a baby lamb?
- Chipmunk – Is he cute, hyper, and always on the go?
- Muggle – Do you and your boyfriend share a love for all things Harry Potter?
- Yang – Is he the yang to your yin? Do you balance each other out perfectly?
- Wolfie – Is he a hairy man or perhaps he is just devoted to you, like a wolf to his mate?
Funny Nicknames for Your Boyfriend Inspired by TV, Movies, or Literature
The following funny boyfriend nicknames are gotten from TV, movies or books:
- Don Juan – Was he a lady’s man before he captured your heart? Or does he just always know exactly how to get your motor running?
- Wookie – Is he a little hairier than most? Is he a Star Wars fanatic? Or perhaps he just mumbles most of the time unintelligible!
- Maverick – Is he the Maverick of your Top Gun?
- Nemo – Does he have an insatiable appetite for an adventure like Captain Nemo in Twenty Thousand Leagues Under the Sea?
- Moby – Was he the great white whale that you finally caught?
- Sparkie – Does your guy have a few Clark Griswold-like characteristics about him?
- Booger – Is he an unconventional nerd who likes guitar playing and has aspirations of being a lawyer?
- Daredevil – Does he have eerily sharp senses and a taste for fighting crime? Or perhaps he’s just a fan of the Marvel character!
- Casanova – Does he know how to make you melt and give in to his every desire?
- Scooby – Does he have good intentions of being your hero, but is a bit too much of a coward to follow through?
- McSteamy / McDreamy – Are you a Grey’s Anatomy fan? Does your man meet the criteria for a heartbreaker?
- Precious – Does he make you crazy like Golem for the ring in Lord of the Rings? Is he your “precious”?
- Aladdin – Is he your “diamond in the rough”? A little rough around the edges and street smart with a good heart?
- Stitch – Is he unconventional but cute like the little blue alien? Does he easily get carried away?
- Yoda – Is he full of wisdom and advice when you need it the most?
- Duckie – Is the love of your life the lovable childhood friend who always had a crush on you like Duckie from Pretty in Pink?
- Midas – Does everything he touches turn to gold?
- Westley – Is he the Westley to your Princess Bride?
- Mickey – Is he the Mickey to your Minnie? Are the two of you an iconic couple who everyone knows?
- Carl – Is he the Carl to your Ellie in the UP-inspired love story of your life?
Funny Nicknames for Boyfriends Inspired by Food
The following funny nicknames for boyfriends are inspired by food:
- Cookie Monster – Whether he can’t get enough of your chocolate chip cookies or he is as sweet as your favorite cookie treat.
- Snickers – Does he have a constant craving for Snickers or does he just know exactly how to satisfy your appetite?
- Peanut – Is he a smaller guy? Does he always have a bag of peanuts in hand? Or perhaps he has a peanut allergy?
- Waffle – Whether he has a constant craving for waffles or just can’t make his mind on anything!
- Dumpling – Is he a little rounder than most?
- Honey Bun – Is he sweet? Does he satisfy your naughty cravings?
- Jellybean – Does he have a penchant for jelly beans or are jellybeans your favorite sweet treat?
- Oreo – Is he your delicious little thing?
- Pickle – Can he be a little salty at times? Is he always getting himself into a ‘pickle’ of a situation?
- Sugar Puff – Does he start your day off right? Is he sweeter than you can stand at times?
- Cinnamon Bun – Are his buns extra sweet? Do they make your mouth water just watching him walk away?
- Gummy Bear – Does he satisfy your extra sweet tooth? Or does he have a constant craving for gummy bears?
- Jujube – Is he sweet like candy and does he stick in your mind all day?
- Master Chef – Does he know his way around the kitchen? Is he a chef by trade?
- Chili – Does your man know how to spice things up? Does he heat up your love life like no one before?
- Maple – Is he extra sweet like maple syrup? Or perhaps he’s a little bit Canadian?
- Brown Sugar – Is your dark-skinned prince as sweet as sugar?
- Meatball – Is he a big, goofy guy?
- Cookie – Whether he likes cookies, is as sweet as a cookie, or knows exactly what to do with your cookie, this is a clever nickname for your man!
- Puddin’ – Do you adore Harley Quinn and find your man to be as sweet an irresistible as pudding?
Sports Themed Funny Nicknames for Boyfriends
These funny boyfriend nicknames are inspired by sports or sports movies:
- Footy – Is he a goalie or does he just have an insatiable addiction to soccer?
- Scooba – Does he love to scuba dive or does he spend more time in the water than out of it?
- Rocky – Is he a golden glove boxer or does he spend all of his free time watching boxing on the TV?
- Yankee – Is he a diehard Yankees fan? Or perhaps he’s just from up north?
- Hoshi – Is he the star of the team or at least, the star of your team?
- K.O – Does your man know his way around the ring? Does he have a history of knocking out his opponents?
- Big League – Does he dwarf you with his size? Is he an MLB addict? Is he a baseball pro?
- Jock – Is he an all-around great sportsman? Does he live for everything athletic?
- Homerun – Is he your homerun? The complete package?
- QB – Was he the high school quarterback or is he the quarterback to your football game of life?
- Big Papi – Is he a diehard Red Sox fan who loves to take care of you?
- Legs – Does he run like the wind or can he tackle hurdles like no one you’ve seen before?
- Ace – Whether he’s a top hockey fan or whether he just excels in every sport, this is a fitting moniker.
- Brady – Does he love the Patriots or is he just a ridiculously great quarterback?
- Arnold – Is he a dedicated bodybuilder or just blessed with the body of one?
- Wicket – Whether he’s a Brit, a cricket player or just an avid fan of cricket in general!
- Speedy – Does he run like the wind or does he just walk faster than you can keep up with him?
- Header – Does he love soccer and spend more time heading the ball than kicking it?
- Lax – Is your guy a lacrosse star?
- Flipper – Is your man an avid swimmer who spends more time in the water than out of it?
Funny Nicknames for Your Boyfriend Inspired by Their Quirks or Personality
There are several cute ways to find nicknames for a boyfriend but the funniest pet names are always based on his quirks or personality.
- Heartbreaker – Did he break all the lady’s hearts before he captured yours or was he known for being the most wanted guy on the block?
- Lucky – Is your guy one of the luckiest people on Earth? Or does he make you feel like the luckiest person on Earth because he’s by your side?
- Scout – Does he have a history as an Eagle Scout or does he just have a thirst for adventure?
- Einstein – Does he have an astronomical IQ or does he have crazy, flyaway hair?
- Bookworm – Does he spend all his free time with his nose buried in a book? Has he read every book on the market?
- Honey Badger – Does he look cute but have one heck of a temper if the wrong people push his buttons?
- Rockstar – Does he have dreams of being a rock star? Perhaps he just rocks a good game of Guitar Hero?
- Sailor – Is he a Naval man? Does he have dreams of one day owning a yacht and sailing the world with you?
- Wolverine – Is he a fan of the Wolverines or does he just have the manly qualities of the X-men bad boy?
- DJ – Does he have an affinity for electronica? Or perhaps he’s an aspiring DJ?
- Giggles – Does he giggle all the time? Perhaps he has a laugh that you just can’t get enough of?
- Dancer – Does he have all the right moves on the dance floor? Does he know how to sweep you off your feet?
- Studley – Is he the hottest thing since sliced bread? Does he drive you insane with desire?
- Killer – Is he quick to defend your honor with a little too much enthusiasm?
- Sunbeam – Is he gorgeous, happy go lucky, and optimistic? Does he light up your life?
- Guapo – Does your Latino or Hispanic man have the looks of a God?
- Slick – Is he smooth? Does he know exactly how to get what he wants every time?
- Professor – Does he teach college classes or is he just an academic nerd?
- Google – Does he have the answer to everything? Is he full of useless facts and knowledge?
- Paws – Does he have a habit of getting handsy when things get hot and heavy?
Please feel free to add any fun and flirty nicknames for boyfriends that are not on this list in the comments section